22398 Highway 435, P.O. Box 1929, Abita Springs, Louisiana 70420


1. Can you help me prepare my tax returns?
Ray Ladouceur is a licensed certified public accountant in Louisiana. His CPA firm can prepare individual, corporate, partnership, trust and estate tax returns. Please call Ray Ladouceur at 985-718-4992 for more information or to schedule an appointment.

2. I owe the IRS money. What are my options?
The IRS is one of the few creditors that can seize your assets without getting a judge’s approval beforehand.

If you owe the IRS money and can’t pay it all, you may ask for an installment payment plan. Your request will generally be granted if you owe less than $75,000 and propose to pay out the balance owed within 60 months. All past due returns must be filed. The agreement will terminate if you skip payments. Generally, if approved, the IRS will not issue a federal tax lien against you, so your credit report will stay clean.

The IRS’ website, www.irs.gov, contains an interactive calculator to help you compute the minimum payment acceptable to the IRS. Your request must be sent in on Form 9465 Request for Installment Agreement, which may be obtained from their website.

You may also submit an Offer in Compromise. First, you must complete form 433-A, which sets forth information about your assets, liabilities, income, and expenses. This form is submitted along with form 656 Offer in Compromise to the IRS. The forms are obtained the same way as explained above.

Your offer must agree to pay in a lump sum or in installments at least the net equity value of your assets plus your expected net income over the next four years (two years in certain circumstances). In calculating your net income, IRS disallows expenses deemed unreasonable.

3. Do you handle matters in U.S. Tax Court?
Yes. Most tax controversies are settled in the appeals process within the IRS. Sometimes, however, it is necessary to litigate an issue in the U.S. Tax Court or federal district court. For a representative case in which we successfully represented an estate in the U.S. Tax Court, please see Burris v Comm’r, T.C. Memo 2001-210 (2001), appeal withdrawn (Aug. 2002).

We hope that this information will be useful to you. We will be happy to answer specific questions in a personal and confidential meeting. Please call our offices to schedule an appointment with Ray Ladouceur, 985-718-4992.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form